How to Make an Automatic Cat Repellent – for under $15 in parts: A practical and educational project with no prior skills needed.
(as of Jun 25,2022 01:16:46 UTC – Details)
These easy to follow, picture filled instructions will guide you through the process of making your own motion activated , water spray cat deterrent with cheap, readily available parts.
The basic version of the project can be put together in as little as 45 minutes, for under $15.00 in parts and just a few simple tools.
Whether you are making it as a humane pest deterrent, to prank someone or as a fun project to do with the kids, this book has been written for people of any DIY skill level – even newbies.
How does this device work?
When a target walks past this device, a motion sensor detects the Infra-red heat from their body. This triggers water to be sprayed from your connected garden hose giving the target a nice drenching, to persuade them to move on.
This project uses common garden irrigation fittings that can be arranged into almost any imaginable spray configuration to suit your needs.
Being so cheap to build it also makes it very affordable to have more than one unit operating in your backyard…or home!
Use it indoors!
-What? Yes you can even use this indoors without water by pairing it with a sound buzzer rather than garden hose!
This could be used to train your dog not to enter a particular room or to stop your cat from scratching the corner of a certain piece of furniture.
Use this Project to:
• Deter Backyard Pests – Cats, Dog’s Squirrels, Bears, Possums, Raccoons
• Stop a pet dog digging in a certain part of the garden.
• Keep ducks off your pool
• Stop birds taking fish from your a fish pond.
•Stop a cat scratching a specific piece of furniture
•Keep birds from sitting on a window ledge
• Prank friends or family
• School science project or summer water game for the kids.
• Keep door-to-door salesmen away.
It’s not only for detering animals With a little imagination and few extra parts there are a huge variety of additional ways it can be used around your home including:
• A “virtual” barrier / training aid for pets or farm animals.
• An automatic refilling water bowl for your pet
• A walk through mist cooling station.
• An automatic spray for a pool water slide to save water & power.
• A wireless driveway buzzer / alarm.
Publication date:May 8, 2019
File size:135424 KB
Enhanced typesetting:Not Enabled
Word Wise:Not Enabled